We know a lot about realistic artificial plants.Whether you want to know how to choose or how to secure your artificial trees we have the answers. We have put details of our most commonly asked questions below. If your question isn't answered please contact us and we will be happy to help! How do I know what size plant I need for my space? All our plants are measured at their highest points. The actual height will vary depending on how you arrange the leaves in the case of the wired stem plants. An additional helpful tip when you are measuring for outdoor artificial topiaries is that additional height can be added by purchasing a larger planter then standing the plant on bricks inside it before covering with gravel or similar. Examples of this can be seen in our photographs on the topiary pages. How can I make my artificial plant look real? This is a really key question for many of our customers. Our plants are high grade and ultra-realistic but the key to making them look absolutely real is to spend some time dressing out the leaves and checking the plant from all angles. If you have purchased one of our plants with wired leaves you can try the following;
- Unpack the plant and stand it on a flat surface, removing outer packaging and plastics.
- Starting at the bottom, carefully fold out the leaves. It can help to look at our pictures or a photograph of the real type of plant you have purchased to get an idea of how the leaves should sit.
- To get a natural curve on the leaves carefully hold the tip in one hand and the stem in the other and run you hand along the curve to bend it gently into shape.
- Look at the plant from all angles making sure there are no gaps and your plant is well dressed out and ready to pot.
- Put the plant inside a larger planter. You can stand it on bricks to raise the height inside.
- Cover the base of the pot with a layer of ornamental gravel or soil. We have some customers who have planted real moss at the base of their artificial plants to make them look more realistic.