We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01-05-2018.
We take great care with your personal information which is stored securely and confidentially. We encrypt all information sent over this website (look for the https:// secure site on the top left of your screen). During your visit to our site collect personal information that is necessary to set up your account, for the purposes of billing, delivery of your goods and queries. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary to process your order, process any applicable refunds, respond to any complaints/feedback or to provide you with promotional information you have requested.
What we collect
We may collect the following information provided at the point of order:
- Contact information including email address
- Address and postcode
- Telephone numbers
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- We do not at any point have access to your financial details which are processed directly via either Stripe (cards) our payment processor or Paypal.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to be able to fulfill your order, provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have opted in to receive such communications.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes if you have indicated you are happy to receive such contact.
- Carry out regulatory checks to meet our legal obligations
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Information you provide such as address and card details are checked by our card processor to guard against fraud.
- Your address information and phone number will be given to our couriers to enable them to deliver to you. If you would prefer us not to give the courier your phone number please let us know, but it can be helpful if they have trouble making a delivery or finding your address.
- Product development
- We develop and improve our products based on ordering patterns and feedback from customers.
- Undertake anonymised statistical analysis (we won’t be able to identify individuals from this data)
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We offer the option for customers to sign up for our newsletter to receive discount codes and offers from us. You may change your mind at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email or writing to us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We treat all information we hold about buyers as private and confidential. We will not reveal any personal details or details concerning buyers’ orders to anyone not connected with us, unless:
- A buyer asks us to reveal the information, or we have a buyer’s permission to do so
- We are required or permitted to do so by law
- It is required by law enforcement, fraud prevention or credit reference agencies
- We may share buyer personal information with our suppliers, service providers and other contractors only to fulfill orders buyers place with us.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
For the purposes of The GDPR, we are the Data Processor and we process all personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Under Article 6 of The GDPR, the lawful basis on which we process personal data received is that of “Contract” – whereby processing is necessary in order to fulfill buyer orders and enquiries. We retain information provided such as transaction details for internal financial accounting purposes. It is a legal requirement to retain this information for a period of 7 years.
Data Subject Access Requests
Under The GDPR buyers are entitled to obtain from us (the Data Processor for the purposes of The GDPR) a copy of the data held concerning them and to have any inaccuracies in the data rectified. We will provide this data to within 1 calendar month of the request and free of charge. However we have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive and repetitive.
Like most internet sites our website can recognise past users by using cookies. You can disable cookies by adjusting your internet settings.
- enable you to set up an account, place orders and make payments;
- remember items you place into your shopping basket;
- remember items you have been looking at so that you can quickly and easily go back to an item you looked at previously.
2. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your computer, tablet or phone. They don’t store any personal details.
3. What happens if I turn off Cookies?
You won’t be able to shop or access important parts of our site.